Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Shipping Boxes
Bridgett Wrote:Quixtar launched in September 1999. So for the last 11 years (2000 to 2010), the shipping boxes have been blank--until now, March 2011.

We have Amway in large print logo on each side of the boxes - great exposure especially when you give the box to someone else who is not a customer or in the business. :yahoo:
What a waste of 11 years in the states Confusedcratch:
'The only way I can succeed in business is to proactively do something for 'MY BUSINESS' every day'
I look to the Future - for the Future is where I'm going to spend the rest of my Life
I've been thinking for a while though they could print brand logos on the boxes too, to give more brand recognition.

hmmm .... mind you then they'd have to have different boxes for different european markets, eg Nutrilite vs Nutriway, though I suppose they could always print both!
That's cool. Along the whole meadowbrook joke, I actually went to Costco and priced it out against Kirkland and for what you get in Meadowbrook it's actually cheaper, at least here in Canada. You may get a year supply but its still cheaper! LOL

I know I'd like better branding here in Canada. Right now it's just the ugly bold AMWAY letters, nothing as fancy as what Bridget took a picture of.
Bridgett Wrote:Quixtar launched in September 1999. So for the last 11 years (2000 to 2010), the shipping boxes have been blank--until now, March 2011.

Maybe we have a definition problem?? Since I ordered by the caseload - the boxes *I* saw were clearly marked. But maybe the general shipping boxes were plain?? I'll go see if I can find any.....
Deb Wrote:Back in the '90's- ALL the boxes were branded, so I'm not sure the lack of branding had anything to do with appeasing the AMOs? I've probably got SCADS of them, still storing my kids' stuff in my attic.....

Deb Wrote:Maybe we have a definition problem?? Since I ordered by the caseload - the boxes *I* saw were clearly marked. But maybe the general shipping boxes were plain?? I'll go see if I can find any.....

What period are you talking about? It wasn’t until 2000 (no longer the ‘90s) that the boxes were plain. Are you saying that you got boxes with the Amway name on them after 1999?

And yes, caseloads, in which the original manufacturing packaging was used to ship out, particularly the home care products like SA8, might have something to do with our discrepancy.

Though I did order caseloads (as opposed to “eaches”) as late as 2005, and my caseload boxes were plain. (But they were mostly Nutrilite caseloads, and not homecare caseloads.)

Sidenote: as of 2008, caseloads are no longer an option. Everything is ordered in “eaches” and thus there is no longer a “case discount.”
Bridgett Wrote:
Deb Wrote:Back in the '90's- ALL the boxes were branded, so I'm not sure the lack of branding had anything to do with appeasing the AMOs? I've probably got SCADS of them, still storing my kids' stuff in my attic.....

Deb Wrote:Maybe we have a definition problem?? Since I ordered by the caseload - the boxes *I* saw were clearly marked. But maybe the general shipping boxes were plain?? I'll go see if I can find any.....

What period are you talking about? It wasn’t until 2000 (no longer the ‘90s) that the boxes were plain. Are you saying that you got boxes with the Amway name on them after 1999?

Yeah - I don't ever remember "blank boxes" - unless I'm having a very senior moment...LOL! And I would have been received product into 2003

And yes, caseloads, in which the original manufacturing packaging was used to ship out, particularly the home care products like SA8, might have something to do with our discrepancy.

I found boxes upstairs at my home - most were laundry products boxes (super-strong! - You could pack a law library into those boxes and they wouldn't collapse) and a few were Body Care product boxes

Though I did order caseloads (as opposed to “eaches”) as late as 2005, and my caseload boxes were plain. (But they were mostly Nutrilite caseloads, and not homecare caseloads.)

I suppose if I ordered several cases of small stuff, like Nutrilite or cosmetics - that they all arrived in one large unmarked box? I probably have that "2-blue stripes and the Amway Logo" burned into my brain...LOL! Lord knows I saw it enough!!

Sidenote: as of 2008, caseloads are no longer an option. Everything is ordered in “eaches” and thus there is no longer a “case discount.”

When I first started working the Bass Co in '93, the pricing was "eaches" and "cases" - although we always priced at the case price divided by the number of units in the case. For example - a box of SA-8 might have cost $11 as an "each" - but if a case cost $40 for 4 boxes - we'd charge $10 per unit. But somewhere along the way in the '90's - that higher "eaches" price was dropped to a unit price. I'm surprised they would not offer a case quantity - just to make ordering and shipping simpler??? Must be that Direct Fulfillment means that not many folks are carrying much inventory Confusedcratch: Of course, by now, I'm sure that the faithful old Amware Gold software (circa 1992) - despite making it beyond Y2K rather nicely - has truly died and gone to Software Heaven. That let me link right in with Amway's main computer - man, I could do amazing things with that program!!!