Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need a little inspiration
Got any stories about bouncing back from a setback? I'm having some hard luck with vehicles lately, among other things. This past summer my Honda Insight was totaled in a flood after a big rain storm, right after pouring in a bunch of money in repairs. Plus I just had the batteries that power the electric motor replaced. Then two nights ago I go out to where my Honda Civic was parked to go to work, and found nothing but broken glass in the condominium parking lot. On top of that I was a moron and had just basic insurance, so I can't make an insurance claim.

It's difficult to keep a positive attitude when I'm walking home two miles in the muddy snow. I'm supposed to be a successful Amway IBO by now. This hurts. :blackeye:
ouch mate.
That must of hurt. :hug:

The best story of bouncing back from a set back like this I know if is the one we're going to hear from you in the future! :good:
AJ,
If you're a praying and worshiping type, then get your eyes there on Him instead of here on Earth.
Remember your identity and who you belong to.
Let Him sustain you, comfort you.
Delight in Him and Him alone.
Oh, and get some decent insurance. Wink
I'll be lifting you up in prayer my friend. :hug:
Ok, here's a story. And I think it's more about the fact that life is unfair, life is tough, and it's about what are you going to focus on.

After I birthed my twins, I almost bled to death. Rock on! :good:
Without going in to all the details, I pretty much was sure I was going to die.
I had to have a blood transfusion, and was pretty weak as a new mom of two infants with zero help. (My husband was a lot of help, but someone had to go and make some money so that we had the luxuries in life, like a roof over our heads.) Smile

Five weeks later, my son starts puking, and can't keep any milk down. Within hours, we are at the ER, and they want to hook him up to machines until Monday (this is now Saturday) because supposedly a pediatric anesthesiologist isn't available.

Sleep-deprivated, exhausted, mamma bear, very clearly and concisely lets everyone know that that is not going to work, as his twin sister needsto be taken care of at home.

So my son has surgery (pyloric stenosis) within an hour. Over the weekend, my husband stays with him, as I take care of my daughter at home, and pump milk for my son, and srop it off at the hospital a couple of times. And then on Monday, they allow me to nurse him directly, so I stay with him, while my husband stays with my daughter.

I remember thinking: If this is parenting, where you love someone so much, and yet are completely helpless, this blows.

Next comes the insurance company and the DOZENS OF HOURS on the phone with them, as they are claiming we are responsible for $30,000 worth of bills between the delivery and my son's surgery. Ah yes, the lovely memories being utterly exhausted, nursing my kids while on the phone with people that do not know how to read. Can you say "maddening?"

All that to say, through all that, it was what it was. It was hard, it was unfair, and I'm not going to say that I didn't cry. I did, often in that first year of parenting. And then I'd stop, because there was just too much to do, and I couldn't afford to be putting my time and energy there. So I'd tell God that I simply couldn't do it all, and that I needed Him. And He was, and always is faithful. My joy, my strength, my everything, is in Him.

(I know this isn't the "religion" section of the forum, but I wouldn't be telling the whole truth if I didn't mention how I get through setbacks in my life. I do not wish to offend anyone.)
Oh, AJ - that sucks. (There's the "sympathy part")

Now the Mom questions:

Are you kidding me?? You're driving the most stealable car of all and only carry PL/PD????? :nono: They'll never recover it unless you have a LoJack in it. You can try to look for it at the Street Drags at various tracks - but it will be one of a hundred Civics all repainted and pimped out to go fast.....

Buy yourself a nice little Malibu (great mileage and 100,000 mi transferable warranty) and put full insurance on it.

And then, as Bridgett suggests - give thank to the Lord that when someone decided they wanted your car - YOU weren't in it.
Thanks y'all. :thumbsup:
ajgannon Wrote:Thanks y'all. :thumbsup:

Hi AJ sorry for your troubles mate - Our trials & tribulations shape our future - when was the last time you set a goal and put the need to steps in place to achieve it [self talk to me also :grin: ]
You have everything within yourself to be the successful person you want to be - so come on AJ when was the last time you read Brian Tracey's book - Goals
The greatest enemy of human success is negative emotions - tough love mate - winners think about the future - losers think about the past - change your beliefs and expectations - get writing - activate the law of attraction and use it all the time - decide to do it and it will start happening it for you.
'The only way I can succeed in business is to proactively do something for 'MY BUSINESS' every day'
I look to the Future - for the Future is where I'm going to spend the rest of my Life
Thank you RW1. You know what I need to do. :good:
I do have Brian Tracy's "The Ultimate Goals Program".
ajgannon Wrote:Thank you RW1. You know what I need to do. :good:

We're all different AJ but the same in many ways :hug: :cheers:
'The only way I can succeed in business is to proactively do something for 'MY BUSINESS' every day'
I look to the Future - for the Future is where I'm going to spend the rest of my Life
ajgannon Wrote:Got any stories about bouncing back from a setback? I'm having some hard luck with vehicles lately, among other things. This past summer my Honda Insight was totaled in a flood after a big rain storm, right after pouring in a bunch of money in repairs. Plus I just had the batteries that power the electric motor replaced. Then two nights ago I go out to where my Honda Civic was parked to go to work, and found nothing but broken glass in the condominium parking lot. On top of that I was a moron and had just basic insurance, so I can't make an insurance claim.

It's difficult to keep a positive attitude when I'm walking home two miles in the muddy snow. I'm supposed to be a successful Amway IBO by now. This hurts. :blackeye:

I felt sorry for myself when my shoes were worn out with all that walking in the muddy snow.
Until I met a man with no feet. :blink:
Pick yourself up, Dust yourself down, and say bring it on, is that the best you can do?
Because I can handle a little challenge like that in my life! Wink :grin:
To reach your destination take one step at a time - remember they may not all be in the same direction!