Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
colloidal silver to prevent acne and hair loss
Multimillionaire Wrote:would u provide a copy of that study? I'd like to read it.

Apologies, a slight misquote on my part, the only tested one commercial preparation and two standard preperations. The study abstract is here

ibofightback Wrote:lol....that's a mighty bold opinion / blanket statement to speculate.

Well, it doesn't just apply to alternative treatments, same applies for most people and conventional treatment, particularly viral. People get better on their own, but few have the patience
ibofightback Wrote:Well, it doesn't just apply to alternative treatments, same applies for most people and conventional treatment, particularly viral. People get better on their own, but few have the patience

I'm holding you to that - was just informed that the two sweet granddaughters I was cuddling today now have the flu :eek: Popping echinacea and C's....LOL!!!
IBOFB, I have two issues with the "study abstract" that u provided: "In an agar-well diffusion assay none of the three colloidal silver solutions had any effect on the growth of the test organisms. All tested bacterial strains were sensitive to ciprofloxacin. Colloidal silver 22ppm showed no bactericidal activity in phenol coefficient tests. "

1) I notice the identity of "All tested bacterial strains" were conveniently left out. Lord only known exactly what the CS was tested on???????

2) Is a passage taken from the following book, " THE MAGIC OF PSYCHOTRONIC POWER". By Robert B. Stone, PhD.

"In Poland, medical researchers studied why some medicine worked well when prescribed by certain doctors, but hardly worked at all when prescribed by other doctors.

They found that the expectation of the doctors was influencing the results. Doctor A accepted the new medicine, prescribed it, and was happy with the improvements it brought about. He continued to use it successfully.

Doctor B was skeptical when he first used the new medicine. He did not expect a positive result when he prescribed it. The results bore out his doubtful expectations. If he prescribed it again, he did so knowingly again it would probably not work. It didn't.

Consciousness affects matter-even the "automatic" action of a chemical on the body. " End of quote, taken from p. 35.

Without any more conclusively documented data from the "study abstract" you provided, one cannot realistically rule out the above medical findings from Poland and as definitive influence regarding the outcome of the CS "study abstract".
Multimillionaire Wrote:1) I notice the identity of "All tested bacterial strains" were conveniently left out. Lord only known exactly what the CS was tested on???????

(a) It was only an abstract, the strains would almost certainly be listed in the main article
(b) so what #1? anti-bacterials like silver are broad spectrum and work on pretty much all bacteria
© so what #2? do people get their bacterial strain tested before taking collodial silver?

Quote:Consciousness affects matter-even the "automatic" action of a chemical on the body. " End of quote, taken from p. 35.

In the case of the polish study, it's called the placebo effect, and it is indeed affected by the beliefs and attitudes of both the doctor and patient. It has nothing to do with a direct effect of collodial silver on viruses, which is what you were claiming.

But if you want to claim that the collodial silver was effective against your viral infection because of placebo, I'm not going to argue against it.
ibofightback Wrote:
Multimillionaire Wrote:1) I notice the identity of "All tested bacterial strains" were conveniently left out. Lord only known exactly what the CS was tested on???????

ibofightback Wrote:(a) It was only an abstract, the strains would almost certainly be listed in the main article

lol....well..being that the specificity of the "strains" are a major element of your argument (imo) leaving them out is leaving out an important element of your argument. :grin:

© so what #2? do people get their bacterial strain tested before taking collodial silver?

I don't know. I cannot speak accurately on behalf of others.

Quote:Consciousness affects matter-even the "automatic" action of a chemical on the body. " End of quote, taken from p. 35.

ibofightback Wrote:In the case of the polish study, it's called the placebo effect, and it is indeed affected by the beliefs and attitudes of both the doctor and patient.

For the placebo effect to be involved, there has to be a known placebo involved that someone knows is a placebo, a "sugar pill" of sorts. There has to be intent. Would u please identify the placebo used in the polish case?

It has nothing to do with a direct effect of collodial silver on viruses, which is what you were claiming. To the contrary, imo It has everything to do with it. However, b4 I present my opinion, please answer my last question.

But if you want to claim that the collodial silver was effective against your viral infection because of placebo, I'm not going to argue against it.

That isnt my claim but I wouldn;t indirectly rule out the possibility Smile
Multimillionaire Wrote:lol....well..being that the specificity of the "strains" are a major element of your argument (imo) leaving them out is leaving out an important element of your argument.

Specifity of strains isn't a part of my argument at all let alone "a major element"

Quote:For the placebo effect to be involved, there has to be a known placebo involved that someone knows is a placebo, a "sugar pill" of sorts. There has to be intent.

No there doesn't. In fact the gold standard "double blind" study in this area is designed specifically so nobody involved knows if there is a placebo involved or not.
Multimillionaire Wrote:For the placebo effect to be involved, there has to be a known placebo involved that someone knows is a placebo, a "sugar pill" of sorts. There has to be intent.

ibofightback Wrote:No there doesn't. In fact the gold standard "double blind" study in this area is designed specifically so nobody involved knows if there is a placebo involved or not.

dude, ya gotta learn how to use your own quote brackets! lol :grin:

I now see your point, and yes I'll agree, the purpose of the double blind test is to eliminate any chances of bias interference on the part of the administrators of the test.

I don't recall from reading the excerpt from the "test" you supplied (testing of the effectiveness of the CS) but was that testing accomplished through a double blind test?
Multimillionaire Wrote:dude, ya gotta learn how to use your own quote brackets! lol :grin:

oops. It was late. Reeaaalll late Confusedleep: fixed!

Quote:I don't recall from reading the excerpt from the "test" you supplied (testing of the effectiveness of the CS) but was that testing accomplished through a double blind test?

It was on bacteria dude. A bit rich that you want to accept the effectiveness of a preparation based on no scientific research at all, but research indicating it doesn't work needs to be double-blinded even on bacteria? Seriously? :blink:
What is hair loss and is there any natural way to cure it? I am 28 years old my and suffering from hair loss somebody told me that coconut oil is good for hair loss. Is't true?