Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Nutrilite Protein Powder the best?
Can't answer all your questions, I've been wondering some of the same things, but a couple of comments -

(1) Massive amounts of protein, even for body builders, is pretty much a scam. The science is clear, the body can't, and doesn't, use it.
(2) I'm fairly certain the Amway product is targeted towards weight loss and people with not enough protein in their diets, not athletes.
some whey vs soy science -

Soy versus whey protein bars: Effects on exercise training impact on lean body mass and antioxidant status

Quote:Abstract
Background: Although soy protein may have many health benefits derived from its associated antioxidants, many male exercisers avoid soy protein. This is due partly to a popular, but untested notion that in males, soy is inferior to whey in promoting muscle weight gain. This study provided a direct comparison between a soy product and a whey product.

Methods: Lean body mass gain was examined in males from a university weight training class given daily servings of micronutrient-fortified protein bars containing soy or whey protein (33 g protein/day, 9 weeks, n = 9 for each protein treatment group). Training used workouts with fairly low repetition numbers per set. A control group from the class (N = 9) did the training, but did not consume either type protein bar.

Results: Both the soy and whey treatment groups showed a gain in lean body mass, but the training-only group did not. The whey and training only groups, but not the soy group, showed a potentially deleterious post-training effect on two antioxidant-related related parameters.

Conclusions: Soy and whey protein bar products both promoted exercise training-induced lean body mass gain, but the soy had the added benefit of preserving two aspects of antioxidant function.
look,I found there written that this is not GM soy:
http://www.amway.co.za/South%20Africa/a2...20FAQs.pdf

We follow the European Union standard for providing non-genetically modified ingredients. The supplier of our soy protein isolate has a
stringent quality control system in place to ensure they provide us with non-genetically soybeans. We also ensure this requirement is being
met by using a test known as polymerase chain reaction, or PCR testing. This advanced methodology can test for the presence of genetically
modified DNA.

and there is whole presentation about this product:
http://www.amway.co.za/South%20Africa/a2...aining.pdf
This is sort of on the same line. Here in the States we have a "whey protien powder" that is a "dietary supplement, chocolate flavor". The allergen information states it "Contains milk and soy". It also says it is a "Product of Canada". Does Monsanto control the Canadian market? (I was doing some research on a name (James Koster) I found on the AWA Articles of Incorporation. That name lead me to a company in Canada that has a CEO by the same name and is connected to Amway. They produce whey. Interesting.)
New post on TTAA -

Does Amway or Nutrilite use GMO crops?
Nutrilite is a sponcer for AC milan

and form 2000 Olymics, CHinese Athletes are recommond to intake nutrilite.

powell the 100 meter champaign use double x to trainning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1u0G3FiPhI

(2012-07-28, 10:36 AM)ibofightback Wrote: Can't answer all your questions, I've been wondering some of the same things, but a couple of comments -

(1) Massive amounts of protein, even for body builders, is pretty much a scam. The science is clear, the body can't, and doesn't, use it.
(2) I'm fairly certain the Amway product is targeted towards weight loss and people with not enough protein in their diets, not athletes.

when bob tully came to london in Aug,
I asked the same question in front of him and hundreds abos in the semeinar, we all been told that amway never use GM soys in the processing ..

(2012-08-27, 11:04 AM)ibofightback Wrote: New post on TTAA -

(2010-11-29, 10:41 AM)ibofightback Wrote: Nutrilite products do use ingredients that would be considered "artificial", and they don't claim they don't. They go with what the science says, which I like. They're not obsessive in either direction.

The protein powder in Scandinavia is 24% milk as well btw.

So is does the milk protein come from non GMO sources? This question brought me here and this question is being asked more and more by consumers. I would like to hear your comments on where you think Amway stands on this. As I look at the market trends, this is a huge one.

Thanks
I did a blog post on this last year -

The answer is no.