Hello There, Guest!

• Next 
  •  
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is income generated?
Just wondered, seems the major income is generated by your upline forcing you to pointless rallies and councelling sessions.I mean they make income from ripping you off not from products. Am I wrong or being too informed? Discuss! :rant:
That was definitely the major emphasis of some AMOs (Amway Motivational Organizations) from the '80s and '90s. But a couple of years ago - some events occurred that rocked the AMO world: (in no particular order)
Amway took back their name - "Quixtar" was no longer.
There was an exodus of the "Tool Mongers" because of Rule changes that Amway was enforcing
The IBOAI was no longer controlled by a few select AMOs
AMOs were stifled in the UK/RoI
And Amway offered Accreditation - a new program of transparency and rules-following that was backed by additional bonuses for those who were accredited.

I'm sure others will offer other things - but the bottom line is that a lot of the BS that used to occur, simply has ceased. Or been pointed out to be OPTIONAL. IBOs are being encouraged to retail and actually make a profit. It's not just lip service - it's really happening. And if you know of pockets of resistance - people who are still conducting business the "old" way - we'd like to know about it. So would Amway!

And I'm not an IBO - I'm a critic.
The ghost of MLM Wrote:Just wondered, seems the major income is generated by your upline forcing you to pointless rallies and councelling sessions.I mean they make income from ripping you off not from products. Am I wrong or being too informed? Discuss! :rant:

1. Nobody can force anyone to do anything
2. If you don't find stuff of value, whether Amway products or "tools", don't buy it
3. You are misinformed - while some folk made (and still do) more from "tools" than from Amway, it has never been the majority case, and even less so in the past few years as Deb has pointed out.
Even if it was true that "major income" is generated through the BSM system of books, tapes, and rallys AND even if we suggest they have no value, perceived or actual, NO BSM system past or present changes the major money one can earn following Amway's compensation plan.

The plan is the plan, and everything else potentially negative is one of an infinite number of reasons why some people don't choose to make "major money" money in Amway...

...and one of an infinite number of reasons why some do...
Wearyeyed Wrote:Even if it was true that "major income" is generated through the BSM system of books, tapes, and rallys AND even if we suggest they have no value, perceived or actual, NO BSM system past or present changes the major money one can earn following Amway's compensation plan.

The plan is the plan, and everything else potentially negative is one of an infinite number of reasons why some people don't choose to make "major money" money in Amway...

What is "the plan" is this scenario, Weareyed? :confused: The Amway Sales and Marketing Plan, the BSM plan, or a combination of the two? :confused:
Bridgett Wrote:
Wearyeyed Wrote:Even if it was true that "major income" is generated through the BSM system of books, tapes, and rallys AND even if we suggest they have no value, perceived or actual, NO BSM system past or present changes the major money one can earn following Amway's compensation plan.

What is "the plan" is this scenario, Weareyed? :confused: The Amway Sales and Marketing Plan, the BSM plan, or a combination of the two? :confused:

I think, "NO BSM system past or present changes the major money one can earn following Amway's compensation plan." was a clue.
For a less trite response to you, Bridgett, I DO think both system (BSM) support AND the Amway marketing plan are necessary for most people looking to build a Platinumship or beyond, and even Amway has begun providing similar support.

My first comment was to suggest taking all the fodder off the table to make it clear that "major money" is available in the Amway business opportunity, if you follow their compensation plan, to whatever degree you choose.

That there is money to be earned providing a value to those willing to pay for it in the form of BSM is a bonus, but one that need not obscure the business opportunity it supports.
The ghost of MLM Wrote:Just wondered, seems the major income is generated by your upline forcing you to pointless rallies and councelling sessions.I mean they make income from ripping you off not from products. Am I wrong or being too informed? Discuss! :rant:

1- Yes. The AMO Diamonds make money from the system. In many cases, across several AMOs, income from Amway Corp has been reported to be 10-33 percent of a Diamond's income. Maybe this is changing today. The internet is be a powerful force against abuse. And the economy cannot be helping AMOs that push hundreds of dollars per month of system expense on people.

2- Yes, many of the tool mongers were fired or quit a few years ago. But many remain. Amway basically lined up a few of them against the wall and shot them. I believe this was done as a warning to others. Lets see if it worked.

3- Yes, there is accreditation rules that now govern some of the actions of the AMOs. Unfortunately, Amway has never released that complete set of rules to lower level ibos. The distributor board, that reports to Amway, has the power to recommend how those rules are applied. This distributor board is made up completely of people who are at the top of those tool organizations.

4- Yes, tools are optional. But you must be prepared to stand up to upline, which goes against everything you have heard on stage and on Amway cds. You may have to tell your group that you do not support the next convention, and to tell them why. You may have taught them to pay for business tools and meetings out of the profits they make from retailing products. But you should be prepared for your upline Platinum to introduce himself to your group and to try and get them there, even if the entire trip would cost hundreds or even a thousand dollars they do not have. This may make you unpopular with your upline and you may become less of a priority to them. But yes, tools are optional.
MichMan Wrote:In many cases, across several AMOs, income from Amway Corp has been reported to be 10-33 percent of a Diamond's income.

Links to evidence of this? I've yet to find any concrete support for this claim, and plenty to dispute it (eg Duncan bankruptcy)
MichMan Wrote:In many cases, across several AMOs, income from Amway Corp has been reported to be 10-33 percent of a Diamond's income.

Michman is using the topic to obscure the fact that Diamonds can earn substantial percentages of their income from sources other than Amway or BSM, with the information about Amway earnings being of absolutely no practical value.

But, it makes him look smarter. Tongue

The truth is, 100% of Diamond income is from Amway Corp.
  • Next 
  •