Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do MonaVie distributors have to lie about their incomes?
Deb Wrote:You're a bit vague - did YOU receive the check - or did someone show one show you theirs? Either way - it's awesome - but if it's yours.... it's FANTASTIC :yahoo:

I interpreted the scene as Wearyeyed having a counseling session with a mentor who showed him the check. In other words, it didn't say "Pay to the Order of Wearyeyed". However, it inspired Wearyeyed to work to achieve such a bonus for himself. If the business works for this mere mortal, with human flaws, then it could work for Wearyeyed too. (I don't know why I like to interpret other people's comments for them.)
ajgannon Wrote:
Deb Wrote:You're a bit vague - did YOU receive the check - or did someone show one show you theirs? Either way - it's awesome - but if it's yours.... it's FANTASTIC :yahoo:

I interpreted the scene as Wearyeyed having a counseling session with a mentor who showed him the check. In other words, it didn't say "Pay to the Order of Wearyeyed". However, it inspired Wearyeyed to work to achieve such a bonus for himself. If the business works for this mere mortal, with human flaws, then it could work for Wearyeyed too. (I don't know why I like to interpret other people's comments for them.)

Bingo.

It was late, I was tired, and I was having a hard enough time wrapping my head around an organization - consisting mostly of people like me, just buying their stuff yippee-ki-yay the same, if not better, than we were doing before - that could create THAT kind of bonus.

To put it in perspective, I blow my non-productive time late at night with some online co-operative gaming, which costs me $15.00 per month.

Wifey started liking it, and took over my game.

We had a big pow-wow over whether it made ANY sense to pay for a second subscription, and if we should budget the cash or not.

The check in question could theoretically solve a $15.00 debate for something like 409 years. Confusedhock:

And it was a BONUS (read: "thank you very much") for what is probably a system-expense destroying regular income from an impressive - but not a Super-Triple-Double-Silver-I-Can't-Spend-an-Hour-With-A-Little-2500-Pin - producer.

I'd love to know what that hour of counseling would have cost me in the "regular" market...

It was cool.
Check out this check, from the JD video I posted on another thread -

[attachment=0]
Yup, that says $2,000,000. Just one bonus.

As Jim says at the end of the video, with a smile - "It's just Amway!"

Attached Files

.jpg   two_million_dollar_amway_check.jpg (Size: 44.1 KB / Downloads: 426)
Sometimes I think a sizable part of our individual business-growth troubles is lack of real belief in what *could* be achieved.

Fact is, (as an example) it's easier to complain how much tools cost than to earn a $2M or $147K BONUS check to pay for them.

And don't tell me you can't earn say, $500 or $1000 bucks a month and coast there using the same principles used on the way to $2M or $247K.

As I like to say (bad spending habits aside) most people don't have an "expenses" problem, they have an "income" problem.

In any case, BELIEVING what's possible to focus your energy and efforts to that end (or anything in between) is a big challenge, IMHO.

Holding the check didn't hurt. Wink
Deb Wrote:I'll brag a little too - back in '95, we got a printout with our Emerald bonus that had a number SO HUGE for the BV, that I had to add commas and count it out - there were TEN digits on the L side of the decimal point..... :-)

Please 4give me if I am wrong- I thought I read somewhere in this forum your claiming that u r not an IBO. Confusedcratch:
Multimillionaire Wrote:
Deb Wrote:I'll brag a little too - back in '95, we got a printout with our Emerald bonus that had a number SO HUGE for the BV, that I had to add commas and count it out - there were TEN digits on the L side of the decimal point..... :-)

Please 4give me if I am wrong- I thought I read somewhere in this forum your claiming that u r not an IBO. Confusedcratch:

I didn't renew in 2004. But I ran my Grandfather's Emeraldship from 1993 until it was sold in 2003. My Mom (former Executive Administrator to the Board of Directors for like a decade?) was also there - she handled the investment end of the business - I ran the Amway part of the business. I *might* have been the first 3rd-generation distributor when I first signed up in the '70's - and my daughter was DEFINITELY the first 4th-generation IBO. Amway even wrote a little story about her :-)

Yeah - I've got LOC in my blood veins Wink

And my "claim to fame" was that I didn't have an upline Diamond....LOL!!! Tongue
Deb Wrote:
Multimillionaire Wrote:

I didn't renew in 2004. But I ran my Grandfather's Emeraldship from 1993 until it was sold in 2003.

Not just any grandpa. Walter Bass. Kind of a significant part of Amway's history. Wink

Here's some info on him... <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.iboai.com/IBOAI-PresidentsCabinet-WalterBass.asp">http://www.iboai.com/IBOAI-PresidentsCa ... erBass.asp</a><!-- m -->
Bridgett Wrote:Not just any grandpa. Walter Bass. Kind of a significant part of Amway's history. Wink

Here's some info on him... <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.iboai.com/IBOAI-PresidentsCabinet-WalterBass.asp">http://www.iboai.com/IBOAI-PresidentsCa ... erBass.asp</a><!-- m -->

Thanks, Bridgett - that was sweet! I wish all you folks could have met him - Grampa was an awesome guy :thumbsup:
Deb Wrote:
Bridgett Wrote:Not just any grandpa. Walter Bass. Kind of a significant part of Amway's history. Wink

Thanks, Bridgett - that was sweet! I wish all you folks could have met him - Grampa was an awesome guy :thumbsup:

From seeing his pict he looks like he was very caring and a true "gentlemen"... a very gentle man. :hello:
I am sure those qualities helped him build a very profitable bu$ine$$.
:hello:
Multimillionaire Wrote:From seeing his pict he looks like he was very caring and a true "gentlemen"... a very gentle man. :hello:
I am sure those qualities helped him build a very profitable bu$ine$$. [/color][/i][/b] :hello:

"Loving and affirmative" would be good adjectives regarding most people - but he was ferociously honest. And if he thought something looked fishy/wasn't right...he was real quick to voice his opinion. Which is probably why Rich and Jay relied on him to set up the Amway company - I've seen the correspondence back and forth between the 3 of them. And in his position on the ADA - he didn't put up with much crap. It's my opinion that the rise of the AMOs coming on the heels of my Grandfather stepping down is NOT a coincidence :glare:

He was also the President of the State Chamber of Commerce; the President of the Grand Rapids Real Estate Board; and a Lifetime Member of the local Elks Club. Apparently other folks liked his qualities, too :thumbsup: