Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do MonaVie distributors have to lie about their incomes?
Wearyeyed Wrote:I dunno...the 40-year Port wine my wife gifts me for special occasions goes for a few tads above $45 dollars...

Yeah - but that's more than "juice" and it hopefully leads to, um, appreciation for the gesture??
Assuming a bottle of MonaVie juice comes in a standard 750 ml wine bottle, that's the equivalent in volume of 3 cans of XS Gold, at 8.4 oz or 248.4 ml. XS Gold sells for $3.24 per can (plus deposit and shipping, if applicable), so say it's $10.50 for three cans of XS Gold. I have a customer who drinks at least one XS Gold every day he goes in to work, six days a week. I used to think he's spending a lot of money on XS Gold, but now I think he's getting a deal. I worked for a year as a barista in a coffee shop. The same people came in every single morning, ordering a $4.00+ flavored latte and the like.

I did this little comparison looking for a product that I sell, believe in, and use myself that might come close to the cost of a bottle of MonaVie. (Although I realize that I'm not comparing apples to apples here, and the serving size for MonaVie is probably less than 8.4 oz.) I was inspired to think about it after reading Wearyeyed's post about the port wine. I feel good about the value of the products I get from Amway.
Serving size of MonaVie is 2oz per day. That is equivalent to 2 bottles per month per person. That is equivalent to approximately $3 per day (can be less, depending on how you purchase it). That really isn't much different than the price of a can of XS (I personally drank more than 1 can of XS per day when I was an IBO...LOL) or a cup of starbucks each day. In the end it all comes down to where the purchaser can find the most personal benefit/value for their money. Some find it in MV, some find it in XS, some find it in a starbucks, some find it in none of those.

(But, this being an Amway related site makes it more comfortable for some to bash another company/product doesn't it? :glareSmile
ss3251 Wrote:In the end it all comes down to where the purchaser can find the most personal benefit/value for their money. Some find it in MV, some find it in XS, some find it in a starbucks, some find it in none of those.

(But, this being an Amway related site makes it more comfortable for some to bash another company/product doesn't it? :glareSmile

I agree it's not cool to bash another company's product. It usually makes the basher look bad. It's basic sales etiquette to refrain from knocking down the competition. Thanks for pointing that out ss3251. I'm embarrassed that I posted on this thread. Blush
ajgannon Wrote:
ss3251 Wrote:In the end it all comes down to where the purchaser can find the most personal benefit/value for their money. Some find it in MV, some find it in XS, some find it in a starbucks, some find it in none of those.

I agree it's not cool to bash another company's product. It usually makes the basher look bad. It's basic sales etiquette to refrain from knocking down the competition. Thanks for pointing that out ss3251. I'm embarrassed that I posted on this thread. Blush

AJ - there is very little competition bashing going on on this site - makes a change that others think they are being bashed - it's normally Amway that gets it. :grin:
'The only way I can succeed in business is to proactively do something for 'MY BUSINESS' every day'
I look to the Future - for the Future is where I'm going to spend the rest of my Life
Well, I'm not an IBO, so I'll bash away..... Wink

Acai berry juice is the rage right now - and you can find it at MY grocery store out here in the boondocks - for less than a tenth of the price of MV.

XS, on the other hand, is similarly-priced to its competitors (probably cheaper than some and more expensive than others).

Unless there's something truly "magical" in MV - I think it's merely a "vehicle" for Tool Mongers (along with several other MLM products). But I'll admit my prejudice - anyone who is a strong recipient of Tool Money, and either leaves; or gets booted out of Amway and immediately goes to another MLM...well, they and their new product are kind of suspect in my mind. Don't even get me started on Bo and Ty's newest endeavor :rant:
Deb Wrote:But I'll admit my prejudice - anyone who is a strong recipient of Tool Money, and either leaves; or gets booted out of Amway and immediately goes to another MLM...well, they and their new product are kind of suspect in my mind.

This *might* be one of the hottest warning signs that leadership is less than sincere.

Given Amway's depth and breadth of offerings and their tried (and tried and tried and tried) model of distribution and opportunity, that anyone would leave Amway for the likes of MV...well, let's just say it makes me wonder.

Obviously, Amway didn't meet their needs, and with Amway a "standard above" by almost any measure to MV (and maybe any network-marketing company), I am left wondering what else those folks couldn't find in Amway.

In any case, such concern for those of us who ARE IBOs is effort poorly spent.

That's just one of the many reasons I love having you here, Deb. Wink
Deb Wrote:Unless there's something truly "magical" in MV - I think it's merely a "vehicle" for Tool Mongers (along with several other MLM products). But I'll admit my prejudice - anyone who is a strong recipient of Tool Money, and either leaves; or gets booted out of Amway and immediately goes to another MLM...well, they and their new product are kind of suspect in my mind. Don't even get me started on Bo and Ty's newest endeavor :rant:

Hmmmmmm....a very interesting and plausible theory as to why some IBo's (perhaps LLedbetter) may have quit Amway. I was in his downline back in the early "90's and he pushed tool$ HARD!

In our LOS, he pushed tool$ more than the Amway product line.
:nono:
-Saying that MV is the same as any acai juice in your grocery store is about the same as calling SA8 the same as any other laundry detergent in your grocery store. In both cases there is a significant difference. I don't intend to get into a big argument about this, but having experiences with both products (MV & SA8), I can tell you that nothing in your grocery store is up to par with either.

-I cannot speak about any other individuals or organizations who might have joined MV after Amway, but I do want to make something clear. TEAM did not leave Amway to go to MV. TEAM did not even partner with MV immediately after leaving Amway. Only after leaving Amway and existing for a period of time simply as a leadership development company and evaluating future options, did TEAM decide to join with MV.

-I just realized that I probably haven't mentioned yet on this site that I am no longer involved with TEAM or MV.
ss3251 Wrote:-I just realized that I probably haven't mentioned yet on this site that I am no longer involved with TEAM or MV.

Wow! No, I don't think you mentioned that. I hope all is well with you and your family. Do keep in touch.