Hello There, Guest!

•  Previous
  • 1 ...
  • Next 
  •  
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The problem with critics
One test I heard from Nancy Dornan, and a good one I use frequently, is to ask the prospect what they think I showed them after the plan.

Then I shut-up.

It's amazing what people think they saw; I regularly use the feedback to tweak my plan...and it's STILL amazing what people think they saw.
Wearyeyed Wrote:One test I heard from Nancy Dornan, and a good one I use frequently, is to ask the prospect what they think I showed them after the plan.

Then I shut-up.

It's amazing what people think they saw; I regularly use the feedback to tweak my plan...and it's STILL amazing what people think they saw.

In our LOA we're taught to never ask "what did you think" because "the new guy doesn't know anything". We're encouraged to nod and ask "sounds great? right" then either tell them "get started!" while they nod in agreement, or ask them, "so what was the best part of the plan?".
superseiyan Wrote:In our LOA we're taught to never ask "what did you think" because "the new guy doesn't know anything". We're encouraged to nod and ask "sounds great? right" then either tell them "get started!" while they nod in agreement, or ask them, "so what was the best part of the plan?".

It's less, "What do you think?" and more "To the best of your ability, can you describe what it is I just showed you?"

I agree with your point, because psychologically, answers to, "What do you think?" will usually be less than complete, accurate, or truthful (for a TON of reasons, their knowledge being the least of them).
Wearyeyed Wrote:Disagree all you want, *most* IBOs are NOT responsible for the perspectives of critics, or the perspectives of people who refuse to take the time to understand the model.

That is fact, not opinion.

A smart company will take responsibility for its public image. Smart IBOs will do the same.

Amway is spending MILLIONS to change people's perspectives and preconceived ideas about this business.

You are free, of course, to keep doing what you are doing.
MichMan Wrote:
Wearyeyed Wrote:Disagree all you want, *most* IBOs are NOT responsible for the perspectives of critics, or the perspectives of people who refuse to take the time to understand the model.

That is fact, not opinion.

A smart company will take responsibility for its public image. Smart IBOs will do the same.

Amway is spending MILLIONS to change people's perspectives and preconceived ideas about this business.

You are free, of course, to keep doing what you are doing.

*Most* IBOs DO take responsibility...you are right, it's smart, and that's why I said what I said.

You said you disagree with my assertion that *most* IBOs are not responsible for how critics and those who refuse to understand the business think.

Stick to the point.

Stating a good business practice doesn't make your disagreement with fact less silly.
OK, I will put it in terms you can understand.

And granted, most people will not get in. They may not choose to do it or make it part of their life. However, his does not mean that they don't understand it or they don't get it. The fact that someone does not join you does not mean they don't understand.

But if prospects continue to have misconceptions about his business after YOU just spent an hour with them explaining the business- the problem is YOU. The same is true for IBOs as a whole.

If people are not seeing how products are moved and money is made, maybe it is because they are showing the BFYATOTDTS plan, as taught by their AMO, instead of showing the AMWAY plan, which according to Rich DeVos is to use the products, sell some THEN teach others to do the same. Until that point, he says, you don't even have a real business.
MichMan Wrote:OK, I will put it in terms you can understand.

And granted, most people will not get in. They may not choose to do it or make it part of their life. However, his does not mean that they don't understand it or they don't get it. The fact that someone does not join you does not mean they don't understand.

But if prospects continue to have misconceptions about his business after YOU just spent an hour with them explaining the business- the problem is YOU. The same is true for IBOs as a whole.

If people are not seeing how products are moved and money is made, maybe it is because they are showing the BFYATOTDTS plan, as taught by their AMO, instead of showing the AMWAY plan, which according to Rich DeVos is to use the products, sell some THEN teach others to do the same. Until that point, he says, you don't even have a real business.

Come on, Michman.

We have volumes of debate over similarly disputed topics on this site...you contend that in even *most* cases where hours of explanation have reaped little consensus, it was the fault of those trying to make their point?

If you don't even suggest "YOU" buys product, the fact product MUST move to generate revenues and profit doesn't suddenly become more apparent.

I'd stay and chat, but I'm due back on planet earth...
Wearyeyed Wrote:If you don't even suggest "YOU" buys product, the fact product MUST move to generate revenues and profit doesn't suddenly become more apparent.

Stupid me. I know this business pretty well, better than most prospects.

Yet I still can't figure out what the hell you are talking about. :blink: :confused:
MichMan Wrote:
Wearyeyed Wrote:If you don't even suggest "YOU" buys product, the fact product MUST move to generate revenues and profit doesn't suddenly become more apparent.

Stupid me. I know this business pretty well, better than most prospects.

Yet I still can't figure out what the hell you are talking about. :blink: :confused:

Poorly worded line; we're making progress, as your state of confusion actually has legitimate reason! :grin:

Seriously, though...it was one of those long deals, where I ended up deleting a portion, intending to delete it all.

The concatenated result was just a butt-hole without the butt-cheeks to put it in perspective.

As you do so often, kindly ignore it.
In theory the school was told to go down into lock down, lock out media etc etc. However they did something very radical - opened up the school to parents and media. Where open and honest about the pain and confusion.
  •  Previous
  • 1 ...
  • Next 
  •