Hello There, Guest!

• Next 
  •  
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The problem with critics
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://amwayfunctions.blogspot.com/2010/07/wwdb-leaders-dissing-each-other.html">http://amwayfunctions.blogspot.com/2010 ... other.html</a><!-- m -->

They say something so definitely and with conviction, it's just accepted. Take this line, "It would appear, at least to me me that the source of all the strife is (tool) money.".

1. SOURCE?
2. At least if no source, the author doesn't bother offering an argument backing up that proclamation.

IBOFB has spoken before of the internet echo chamber, and this is a perfect example.
"Derek" is clearly JoeCool. Use of weasel words on his blogs is very common.
ibofightback Wrote:"Derek" is clearly JoeCool. Use of weasel words on his blogs is very common.

It's been said, at least with popular wisdom, that clearly I can be convicted of using weasel words the vast majority of the time.

I sorry. Sad
weary ... please slap yourself around a bit.
Brilliant - aren't weasel words great - NOT

One of my non amway business acquaintances is a reputation (and by default ethics) speaker/writer/consultant etc. It is always interesting to read her material/newsletters etc with my IBO hat on. On of the consistent messages that comes through is it isn't the critics per say, it is how you handle them.

Two classic examples down here in NZ, first example: Current juice product. Claimed to have heaps of vitamin C in it. Two girls tested it for a school science project. Found basically no vitamin C. When they sent a letter to the company asking about the issue they were politely told to piss off. This annoyed them so they wrote to the commerce commission who did a complete investigation and found not vitamin C in their product. As you can imagine when the media got hold of it the company became mud and they had a massive (and sustained) loss of income.

The other was a small private religious secondary school. It had a bunch of students down at a outdoor education facility were a group got trapped in a canyon with a flash flood. About 1/2 dozen students and a tutor/teacher drowned with other students surviving (later found out that our ex-emerald upline had their daughter on the camp!!). In theory the school was told to go down into lock down, lock out media etc etc. However they did something very radical - opened up the school to parents and media. Where open and honest about the pain and confusion (were was God in all this, why etc). It made a huge difference to those involved, helped with greifing, brought the community together etc etc.

Now the problem with critics as pointed out (I didn't actually read the article, didn't see the point) is they keep using ammunition, that according to IBOFB, is at least some of the following:
  • old
    out of date
    only some LOA's
    Minority of LOA's
    Is not longer current mode of operation
    etc [/list:u]

However due to Amways (and maybe LOA's) poor/inadequate handling of the situation gives the critics ammunition to fire into the festering wound. If Amway had the guts they would go public and shine light on the wound, and cut it out, and don't give the critics a leg to stand on. If they were open and honest about stuff for example- a press release saying what LOA's had tool profit, what it was, how it worked and apologize for the abuses that have occurred, gave details about what groups and what % of their business came from those groups etc etc etc. The internet critics might still produce their garbage but at least everyone would know what (a) went on and (b) what was acceptable practice........ so we could at least all move on!
Lastly - on a positive note. Our platinum cross line who we still stay in touch with when we can, wrote to one of the leaders sons (VanAndel/Devos) and got a really nice letter back. Talk about changing attitudes ! Made a big difference in all the relationships that they connected with to know that at least the men at the top cared.
stickshark Wrote:If they were open and honest about stuff for example- a press release saying what LOA's had tool profit, what it was, how it worked and apologize for the abuses that have occurred, gave details about what groups and what % of their business came from those groups etc etc etc.

First of all that would mean highlighting an issue to the press that simple isn't an issue for the vast vast vast majority of people, not even for most current and former ABOs. Secondly it's possibly not even legal - revealing private corporate details about third part companies?
superseiyan Wrote:They say something so definitely and with conviction, it's just accepted. Take this line, "It would appear, at least to me me that the source of all the strife is (tool) money.".

Um - I've heard that statement made by 4 different, highly-placed people within the sphere of Amway and the IBO world Big Grin Maybe it's actually 90 - 95%..... instead of "all" Wink

It would be interesting to know if things have settled down a bit, since Accreditation?? (The dilution of Power amongst the AMOs probably helps, too?)
ibofightback Wrote:First of all that would mean highlighting an issue to the press that simple isn't an issue for the vast vast vast majority of people, not even for most current and former ABOs. Secondly it's possibly not even legal - revealing private corporate details about third part companies?

It's not an issue because the vast vast vast majority of people don't even care about Amway. And the current and fomer ABOs don't care about Amway as a business opportunity.

The more relevant pool of people to ask is that of former and current ABOs who actively built/are building the Amway business, with the intention of making more than a couple hundred bucks a month, using a method of sponsoring/duplicating themselves in order to accomplish such goal.
As far as the topic of this thread, Joecool/Steve Nakamura has other handles on online. "Derek" is one of them. He also posts at "Jed" and as "Steve" Confusedhock: Smile

IBOFB, do you know of any others? And perhaps listing these, as well as all the blogs he runs, on AmwayWiki would be beneficial? Maybe not. Does his blogs even get any traffic anymore? :dontknow:
  • Next 
  •