Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IBOFightback's Guide to the Amway Critics
If I'm not mistaken most, if not all, of the above-mentioned anti-Amway blogs/websites are from one former LOA.

And that would be TEAM.

Ya know, the one where the leaders had a tiny disagreement with the Corporation a little over a year ago?

Rolleyes
MichMan Wrote:there are LOTS of new "critic" blogs. Here is a list of new TEAM related ones

Bridgett Wrote:If I'm not mistaken most, if not all, of the above-mentioned anti-Amway blogs/websites are from one former LOA.

And that would be TEAM.

Wow. Solved that mystery. Rolleyes

Thanks, Sherlock !
You have a habit of only pulling the quotes that fit your little world.

Why did you not take the rest of my quote?

That WAS the main point--the fact that Quixtar terminated the TEAM leaders after they attempted to blackmail the Corp with a bogus pyramid lawsuit.

So of course they're gonna put anti-Amway stuff on the Net.

Duh.

The point is to examine to motives of people. before you take what they have to say as "truth".

By the way, what exactly IS your motive for hanging out here?

??????????????????
Bridgett Wrote:By the way, what exactly IS your motive for hanging out here?

I shouldn't speak for MichMan, but we are a pretty cool bunch to hang out with, aren't we? Cool
MichMan Wrote:Your plane crash analogy is a poor one.

Most people who get on a plane reach their destination safely and very few planes crash.

But do most people who get in this business reach their destination? No. Most people who get in this business chasing "financial freedom" crash (for lack of a better word).

This is an unfair statement, given the number of people I am personally aware of at Platinum or Emerald, despite having Diamonds and beyond in their business. Do we really have a right to define what their destination was, or that they didn't reach it? Heck, I have people in my business who have built businesses netting $300.00 a month, who are quite content at that destination. Should I let them know they aren't where you expect them to be?

MichMan Wrote:Probably the reason there are so few critics is that most people are unwilling to spend any more time on this business than they have already. And many are probably embarassed thinking they were "suckered in." (A term I would object to).

I agree that this limits the number of critics, but I think you, as a reasonable person, also need to consider the possibility that there are massive numbers of people who fell out and willingly admit their lack of commitment or action for personal reasons, and not due to some inherent criticism of the business.

As a secondary note, I think people who feel they were "suckered in" but find themselves unwilling to openly define their challenges (as critics) are precisely the kind of people that couldn't have executed this business anyway.

If they are embarrassed to expose the business as a less than wholesome one, how in the world would they have approached the numbers of people they would have needed to in order to develop what is undisputedly a workable business model?

MichMan Wrote:They could ask questions and find out why people who purchased $200-$400 per month of products for several years, "suddenly" fail to renew and never buy another product again. They could interview people who joined the business and quit purchasing product soon after their first order.

Now, there is a question about human behavior that can be defined by a first-year psychology student.

I am sure if the corp. could just figure that out, the world population would be 100% accountable, reliable, teachable, considerate, and, well, perfect.

You know, because stupid behaviors and self-esteem issues are exclusive to the Amway business.

Rolleyes
ajgannon Wrote:
Bridgett Wrote:By the way, what exactly IS your motive for hanging out here?

I shouldn't speak for MichMan, but we are a pretty cool bunch to hang out with, aren't we? Cool

It's because you guys are so irresistable!
I agree with most of what MichMan stated, elaborating...

Most people don't turn into online critics (or any other critics) because when people quit they normally fall into the following categorizes. These categorizes are based upon the few hundred people I have personally seen quit...

1) Became finaceally successful. People quit, but they have learned some principles about working for yourself, business and wealth thinking, so when they quit they appreciate that they are better people because they have learned stuff, and go on to be successful in other businesses

2) Positive attitude. People quit after being marinated in the system. They have learned to be more positive, so they look for the positive in the business, and move on in life better off, and are grateful for the leasons they have learned.

3) Feel like failures. Some systems teach that you are a looser if you can't make it. This is shame based control techniques. Thus these people upon quiting hid from thinking about the business as they are ashamed and embrassed that they couldn't make it.

4) Anger and bitter. People who instead of properly mourning the lose of the dream and business appropriately, they get stuck at the angery stage and get bitter. If is from this group that the vicious critics come from. And as only a small proportion of people actually blog, then only a small section of these people will blog.

5) People who believe in the business, but want it to change. This is a very very small group of people who have seen the ugly side of the business, and want it to change. These are the critics who can see the negative and want to get it addressed, but also know that this business has a positive side, and want to see it change and overcome the negative side, and want it to grow and get better. The people I could say are people like MichMan and I would propablely be in in this space to,