Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IBOFightback's Guide to the Amway Critics
"quite a few" is relative, but there's "perceptive", "joecool", "mevi", "Truth" (Drew), Imran, and more recently ""pokerpooner"

That's a fair slab of the most internet active critics of the last 5 years. Heck, pokerpooner aside all of them even have (or in Mevi's case had) their own anti-amway blogs. QAIC is the only other one of recent years to go that path I think. Other anti-amway sites are significantly older. The only other anti-quixtar sites of note was webraw and MoD.

With apologies to you WWDB'ers, but the scientist in me sees a potential pattern and wonders if there's anything behind it. Was there something about the approach then that may cause people who "quit" to be more disgruntled? Or did they just recruit more internet savvy folk than other groups? Was WWDB in it's "heyday" then and it takes 5+ yrs for folk to "stew" before they go online to whinge?

Thoughts? Confusedcratch:
ibofightback Wrote:With apologies to you WWDB'ers, but the scientist in me sees a potential pattern and wonders if there's anything behind it.

Wouldn't the scientist in you conclude that the number of Internet-active critics is still too small to be significant, compared to the number of people who are positive or neutral regarding their experiences with WWDB? I can't see how this analysis could possibly bear any fruit.
Think about plane crashes. Very few planes crash, but if the majority of those planes that did crash were the same model, then you'd certainly wonder what was going on. It might be that in very particular circumstances there was something about that model that made a crash more likely than in other planes.

Not crashing is still far more likely than crashing, but you can still learn and improve from investigating the crashes!

Why has such a large percentage of the active critics - and the sample we're investigating is the critics (the crashes), not all IBOs (all planes) - come from the same group and around the same time?
oh ... but yes ... it also may indeed be nothing but coincidence. It also may be they all come from the same LOS within WWDB, or one starting up a blog encouraged others to start one, or all have some other commonality.
When I give it some more thought, the main reason why I don't envision this study to go anywhere is because it would require sufficient people from WWDB here to comment objectively on the "atrocities" that these critics may have endured. This would be a greater coincidence than your observation that a high percentage of active critics had experience with WWDB, because I can only think of about four contributors who regular post here who come from WWDB stock. What are the chances that any of these fine folk can relate to any of the issues the WWDB critics faced in the 1990's? The WWDB IBOs shouldn't be held responsible for lunatics like "Quixtarisacult" or "Pokerpooner", or anybody else.
By the way, I'm not part of WWDB. I'm part of the Yager/InterNet LOA via Scott and MJ Michael. I'm sure we've got our fair share of critics as well, considering that Dexter Yager likely has the highest pin in the business. There's been enough crap that's gone down within my immediate up-line that I could use as fodder for criticism as well. I suspect that almost every other IBO who is in the pursuit has as well. If it doesn't turn you into a critic it makes you stronger. Big Grin
As someone who's been in WWDB since the mid 90's I can't think of any reason we would have a higher "sampling". The only guess I would have is we were growing very quickly with several Diamondships breaking at the same time. Perhaps in those times, more problems could have occurred? But again, that's just a guess.

:dontknow:
All it takes for the forces of evil to rule this world is for enough good people to do nothing.
Maybe there was something about the growth that caused. More people excited and pushing for goals, and pushing a little too hard perhaps?

From my analysis Yager group was the source of many "complaints" in the pre-blog era, but seems to generate few these days.

You're right about relatability aj - some folk though seem to be almost of the opinion that since we still have SA8, absolutely nothing has changed since their experience!

Pokerpooner seems to have disappeared since Imran on QuixtarBlog asked him some pointed questions about some contradictory posts he made there (married in one, girlfriend in another, retired from investments in one, getting prospected at work in another).
ibofightback Wrote:You're right about relatability aj - some folk though seem to be almost of the opinion that since we still have SA8, absolutely nothing has changed since their experience!

Your statement above is true. When I mentioned relatability (is that a word?) , I was refering to specific experiences that may have given a critic a bad taste--specific experiences that are independent of the time in history. For example, if a critic thought that his up-line were jerks, he probably would have believed that whether it's 1997 or 2008.
ibofightback Wrote:Think about plane crashes. Very few planes crash, but if the majority of those planes that did crash were the same model, then you'd certainly wonder what was going on. It might be that in very particular circumstances there was something about that model that made a crash more likely than in other planes.

Not crashing is still far more likely than crashing, but you can still learn and improve from investigating the crashes!

Your plane crash analogy is a poor one.

Most people who get on a plane reach their destination safely and very few planes crash.

But do most people who get in this business reach their destination? No. Most people who get in this business chasing "financial freedom" crash (for lack of a better word).

Probably the reason there are so few critics is that most people are unwilling to spend any more time on this business than they have already. And many are probably embarassed thinking they were "suckered in." (A term I would object to).

BTW, there are LOTS of new "critic" blogs. Here is a list of new TEAM related ones that rose up over the last year. (although many have gone idle since things have settled down and the TEAM leaders are going in a different direction)

A Barrister's Perspective
Chris Brady Insight
Chuck Goetschel Blog
Free The Quixtar IBO Forum
Free the Quixtar IBO News
MONAVIE TEAM
Orrin Woodward Insight
Q-Whistleblower
QSSR
Quixtar Legal Defense
Quixtar Owner Dick Devos - "SAVE US!!!"
Ron Simmons Insight
The Quixtar IBO Rebellion Blog

Also, if Amway REALLY wants to investigte the "crashes," they should conduct some kind of exit interview with people who have left the business, preferrably 90 to 120 days after they quit.

They could ask questions and find out why people who purchased $200-$400 per month of products for several years, "suddenly" fail to renew and never buy another product again. They could interview people who joined the business and quit purchasing product soon after their first order.

This information could be very helpful if they really wanted to grow their US business.