Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOW TO: Ignore certain people's posts
A simple way is to scroll past their posts.

An efficient way...

Go to:
User Control Panel --> Friends and Foes Tab --> Manage Foes --> Add New Foes
and then type in, or search, their name.

"Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Personal messages from foes are still permitted. Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators."
Wow, I never realized that the "friends and foes" feature actually has a function. Before I figured that it was just a way to keep track of who you do and don't like--like for people who have memory problems, or for people who need assistance in holding grudges.

Thanks for the clarification, Bridgett.
And thanks to Weary and Bridgett for showing us why building teams is a better idea than trying to do everything yourself :clapping:
ibofightback Wrote:And thanks to Weary and Bridgett for showing us why building teams is a better idea than trying to do everything yourself :clapping:

With the regulars...AJ, IBOFB, Bridgett, Deb, Super, Rdknyver, TB2, Mich, Dwight, and probably a handful more whose handles escape me, we DO have something of a "team" on this forum that I, for one, am proud to be a part of...

This team, though we may not always move in the same direction, is definitely a sensible and balanced resource for those open and looking.

And, in my usual fashion, the rub:

Just as when we interact with people in "the real world," if they aren't open and looking, nothing we can say will change the color of their "lenses."

Sure, we can all say things that are grossly negligent and wreck a relationship, but we can never say something so profound or well-done that it alters a perspective until someone is willing to allow their perspective to be altered.

That's truth, and this TTAA team is pretty fair at delivering it. :good:
Wearyeyed Wrote:Just as when we interact with people in "the real world," if they aren't open and looking, nothing we can say will change the color of their "lenses."

Ah - but there's "Osmosis"....LOL! My husband used to say that our teens learned by osmosis: we'd tell them something, and they generally would disagree.... but later, after they'd have time to think about it/mull it over a bit - they'd "see the light" :thumbsup: And this is certainly a positive place to people to learn about how an Amway business can be run!!
Deb Wrote:
Wearyeyed Wrote:Just as when we interact with people in "the real world," if they aren't open and looking, nothing we can say will change the color of their "lenses."

Ah - but there's "Osmosis"....LOL! My husband used to say that our teens learned by osmosis: we'd tell them something, and they generally would disagree.... but later, after they'd have time to think about it/mull it over a bit - they'd "see the light" :thumbsup: And this is certainly a positive place to people to learn about how an Amway business can be run!!

That's most certainly a possibility in this venue.

In "the real world," it's a RARE person indeed who will come back to an IBO with an admission they may have not had it completely right.

Not impossible, but it's the very act that reveals a growing, open mindset and a willingness to have their perspectives challenged which I assert is required.

Here, there is little need for "saving face," so you probably have it right.
Wearyeyed Wrote:With the regulars...AJ, IBOFB, Bridgett, Deb, Super, Rdknyver, TB2, Mich, Dwight, and probably a handful more whose handles escape me, we DO have something of a "team" on this forum that I, for one, am proud to be a part of...

That's why I've decided to stick with the team, despite my previous announcements that I need to stay away from this forum. (Sorry for the waffling.) It's true that it takes a lot of discipline, or a really big "why" or dream to do the things that we know we should do. Sometimes it feels like it's unproductive time when I'm on this forum. On the positive side, it helps me stay "closer to the fire", so to speak. It keeps the business on my mind, which is good.

Regarding the "why" or dream, I think I need to pretend like my business is a really hot woman whose heart I have a chance to win. I've noticed that when this scenario is in play I'm never too tired for a date, and never have a problem with lack of motivation to write love letters or send e-cards.

Regarding Rdknyvr, I've been wondering what's happened to him. Anyone heard from him? Other team members we should add to the list are RW1 and cmfitzg, from Ireland and England. There's also Sven, from Sweden. We have a French Canadian friend--I forget his handle. Oh, and there's Visioneer and TheChaser. Anyone else we should acknowledge for their contributions here?
ibofightback Wrote:And thanks to Weary and Bridgett for showing us why building teams is a better idea than trying to do everything yourself :clapping:

:hello:

Wearyeyed Wrote:...we DO have something of a "team" on this forum that I, for one, am proud to be a part of...

[Image: jump.gif]

Deb Wrote:And this is certainly a positive place to people to learn about how an Amway business can be run!!

[Image: banana2.gif]

ajgannon Wrote:That's why I've decided to stick with the team, despite my previous announcements that I need to stay away from this forum.

[Image: grouphug.gif]
Bridgett is the queen of emoticons. :thumbsup:
The banana cracks me up.