Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best product for parkinson's disease
Hi,

One of my friend's dad have parkinson's disease. Its due to central nervous disorder. Want to know any product I can recommend for this? I am thinking of Nutrilite Daily tablet. Please give opinions.
There's not much to be done nutritional to help "cure" Parkinson's, but good diet (and thus good nutrition) is important to helping mediate symptoms. Some research has shown that people (esp. men) who have diets high in Omega-3 are at less risk of developing Parkinson's, so there's a possibility it may help prevent further deterioration. Daily, or even better, Double X, can help with problems with digestion that often accompany the disease, and general health, as they can help everyone.
I don't know what country you are in buy in the US, you have to avoid any kind of representation that a product will cure or treat an illness.

Here is a small part of a conversation we had on this topic not long ago. Any claim that any Nutrilite product can cure or treat an illness can get you and Amway in trouble:

MichMan Wrote:Again, here is Amway's claim from the study you posted:

Quote:these data suggest that plant-based multi-vitamin/multi-mineral food supplementation favorably influences cardiovascular function and may reduce risk for cardiovascular disease.

That claim was made on Amway's website in Korea, not in the US. The reason Amway cannot make those kinds of claims here in the states is because of the FDA. Here is an example of what the feds would do to Amway for making that kind of claim in the United States:

FDA Takes Cheerios to Task for Boastful Labels

The Food and Drug Administration is going after exaggerated labeling in the food industry, targeting America's most popular cereal with an enforcement action over its health claims that the government says "cause it to be a drug."

President Obama isn't just rewriting rules regulating the environment and the financial markets -- he is also going after the food industry.

Target and example No. 1: Cheerios.

"Based on claims made on your product's label," the FDA said in a letter to manufacturer General Mills, "we have determined (Cheerios) is promoted for conditions that cause it to be a drug because the product is intended for use in the prevention, mitigation and treatment of disease."

If the government's enforcement action against Cheerios were to hold up, the cereal would be pulled from grocery shelves and consumers would need a prescription to buy a box of those little oats.

At issue are two claims made by Cheerios on their cereal box.

1. "Cheerios is clinically proven to reduce cholesterol 4 percent in 6 weeks."

2. "Cheerios can help reduce the risk of coronary heart disease, by lowering the 'bad' cholesterol."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/...ul-labels/

http://www.amwaytalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=694
affiliaterajesh Wrote:Hi,

One of my friend's dad have parkinson's disease. Its due to central nervous disorder. Want to know any product I can recommend for this? I am thinking of Nutrilite Daily tablet. Please give opinions.

My opinion?? Jay Van Andel suffered from Parkinsons. If the man who had access to every product Amway makes; plus his own research facility (Van Andel Institute); and more money/personal transportation to get him to the finest Doctors anywhere in the WORLD was unable to overcome that terrible disease....well, I'd take IBOFB's advice and simply try for good nutrition - but do NOT imply in any way that the products "help" Parkinson's sufferers.
Thanks Frds,

I am frm India. I am just recommending him not promising him that the disease will get cured. As per ibofightback's advice can I recommend him product with Omega-3?
affiliaterajesh Wrote:Thanks Frds,

I am frm India. I am just recommending him not promising him that the disease will get cured. As per ibofightback's advice can I recommend him product with Omega-3?

Welcome :hello:

Products with Omega-3 can always bee recommended. As it is used in every cell of the body we need more than we get in our food today (at least here in Europe). Together with a good multi vitamin as Double X or Daily you feel much better after a while.

/Sven
Cool
How do omega 3 helps to lower the cholesterol level? i've searched for the information over the internet but still didn't get the answer. so far, most articles say that omega 3 helps to decrease the LDL (not sure since some articles says that it has potential of increasing the LDL) and triglycerides and increase the HDL.
sarmelly Wrote:and increase the HDL.

Please forgive me, if you understand how these things work - but you WANT an increase in HDL (I designate the "H" as the word "healthy". The other, is "lousy" lipoproteins LDL)
For LDL cholesterol (bad), at normal levels of intake it u-3 (omega-3) appears to assist in lowering LDL if you also lower saturated fat intake. It's not until high levels of intake (>3000mg/day) it appears to have a strong influence on lowering LDL by itself.

As Deb said, HDL cholesterol is a good thing, some research shows u-3 increases it, others show no change.

The triglyceride front is clearer, with u-3 definitely helping.

Part of the problem is that u-3 is inefficiently used if you don't also control for u-6 (omega-6) intake.

How u-3 does it is a pretty complex question that's not fully understood but it's known to have influences on virtually all body systems, including gene expression. The simply story is that to operate optimally, your body needs lots of it, and if it doesn't have it, then it operates less inefficiently in pretty much every way.
I'm so sorry about that
But I don't think any product from nutrilite is good for the parkinson's disease