Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Perspectives on this Board; a Summary...
...and we have ALL taken turns in each role...

Too Funny, and a great movie.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o76WQzVJ434[/youtube]
haha.. i love monty python.. I didn't thing English humour goes too well in the US.. they are a bit dry.. LOL like us Aussies
And now for something completely different....

Here's an example of someone taking the "Fake It Until You Make It" advice that is taught in certain large US Diamond organizations.

ARTHUR: We have ridden the length and breadth of the land in search of knights who will join me in my court of Camelot.

GUARD #1: What, ridden on a horse?

ARTHUR: Yes!

GUARD #1: You're using coconuts!

ARTHUR: What?

GUARD #1: You've got two empty halves of coconut and you're bangin' 'em together

BTW, many of us in the USA loved (and still love) Monty Python.
Have always loved MP. Love the Lumberjack song. Anyone ever hear of an English group called 'The Goodies'? They had their shows on PBS when I lived outside of Boston back in 76-77.
MichMan Wrote:Here's an example of someone taking the "Fake It Until You Make It" advice that is taught in certain large US Diamond organizations.

What amazes me is that you criticize the "fake it 'til you make it" philosophy by illustrating an inappropriate use of it, without expressing the way such a philosophy *should* be applied.

Despite the fact it is promoted in literally thousands of books and courses on personal performance development outside of Amway related organizations.

Can you come up with an appropriate use of the idea of "fake it 'til you make it" to help people better understand what principles are being conveyed?
MichMan Wrote:
ARTHUR: We have ridden the length and breadth of the land in search of knights who will join me in my court of Camelot.

GUARD #1: What, ridden on a horse?

ARTHUR: Yes!

GUARD #1: You're using coconuts!

ARTHUR: What?

GUARD #1: You've got two empty halves of coconut and you're bangin' 'em together

I may have made a mistake in my last post...this is a VERY appropriate metaphorical example of the applied principle in "fake it 'til you make it."

Deep stuff, in that silly example, if you look for it.
Dwight David Wrote:Have always loved MP. Love the Lumberjack song. Anyone ever hear of an English group called 'The Goodies'? They had their shows on PBS when I lived outside of Boston back in 76-77.

I agree. And I am offended that anybody would think that those of us in the States do not like Monty Python. (ok, I'm not really "offended" only disappointed)